Awards & Honors
Awards & Honors
A growing number of organizations have recognized our people and our accomplishments. Below is a partial list.
- CEO Jerry Kent recognized on the CableFAX 100; Broadcasting & Cable Hall of Fame; Multichannel News Executive of the Year (2011); cable industry’s Distinguished Vanguard Award for Leadership (2012); The Cable Center Hall of Fame (2014).
- CFO Mary Meduski named to CableFAX Most Powerful Women in Cable; Multichannel News Wonder Woman (2012). Serves as Immediate Past Chair of the Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT) national board.
- COO Tom McMillin earned a CTAM (Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing) TAMI Award for leadership (2014). Serves on the CTAM Education Foundation board of directors. Named Mid America Cable Pathfinder (2013).
- Chief Programming Officer Kathy Payne named to CableFAX Most Powerful Women in Cable.
- Chief Technology Officer Terry Cordova named Mid America Cable Pathfinder. Chairs national board of the Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers (SCTE); is a member of the SCTE Hall of Fame; and, along with CEO Jerry Kent, was named CED Magazine’s Co-Person of the Year (Jan. 2013).
- Commercial & Advertising Operations President Kevin Stephens and Cordova named among CableFAX’s Most Influential Minorities in Cable.
- Earned new high in customer satisfaction scores, where measured, by J.D. Power in 2014 (most improved company in that survey since 2007; one of only two cable companies with a 700+ score).
- Ranked #4 nationally (#1 in Suddenlink territory) in J.D. Power Internet customer satisfaction scoring (2014).
- Rated by PC Magazine among the top four ISPs in the U.S. and #1 in Suddenlink territory (2014).
- Ranked by Consumer Reports #1 in its territory for perceived value of bundled offers; #2 nationally (2014).
- Named a WICT Top 5 Company for Women four consecutive times.
- Received WICT Signature Accolade Award for community service (2015).
- Earned National Association for Multi-Ethnicity in Cable (NAMIC) Houston Chapter Diversity & Inclusion Award.
- Best Internet and Best TV Provider awards in communities from West Virginia to California.
- Suddenlink named five consecutive times CableFAX Top Ops award winner for community service.
- Named by St. Louis Post-Dispatch as a Best Company to Work For in St. Louis.
- Multiple Association of Cable Communicators (ACC) Beacon Awards for community outreach.
- Multiple Chambers of Commerce and non-profit organizations’ Business Partner of the Year awards.
- Team members named to a variety of leadership posts for state and regional industry task forces and associations, as well as local business associations.
- Technicians have earned multiple SCTE Cable Games regional and national medals, and safety awards.
- Multiple WICT regional leadership awards; multiple WICT Rising Leaders, and Betsy Magness Leadership Institute, Executive Learning Series and Senior Executive Summit graduates.
- Multiple Telly Awards for advertising, and Cable Advertising Bureau CAB Awards.